This weekend we got introduced to idea of a storyboard, which is based on a script we did. It explains all activities we do to suit the NGO’s needs and we will make a final product (video). You will find below the text for the final presentation matching our team’s storyboard (that you will also find it as a picture).
The intro part explains the NGO problem, which is crowd founding and making the organization financially sustainable. We did brainstorm and came up to lots of ideas on how to make the organization financially sustainable, our NGO loved what we believed was our strongest idea, which is using tiny houses as a rental, movable offices. To give this project a kick-start we advise the organization to ask the government for a grant which will give them a possibility to prepare tiny houses and advertise themselves.
- The NGO & NGO’s problems (short): Our NGO (TinyHouse Community) wants to reach financial sustainability. As well they would appreciate a community space/ house which can be used for bigger groups, since the space in a Tiny House is quite limited. As they are private people, they don’t want to and can’t invest too much money. We don´t believe it is necessary for our NGO to get a fund, but we think it would definitely be easy to realize the solution if they would get one.
- Crowdfunding + Sourcing: We further researching into this though Micro Ventures which is an equity crowd funding website offering investment in the early stages of companies. Micro Venturesconnects accredited investors with start up companies and is the only major equity crowdfunding website that is broker dealer registered by the Financial Industry Regulation Authority.
- Final solution using all above: The Final solution we came up with is a mobile office service that provides rural working space. Our Idea was about creating ‘offices’ as part of the community which can be rented out by businesses or individuals as a unique working space presented in nature and a tiny house. There is already an existing business in the Netherlands which uses this concept very successfully. The caravan-style offices are made from vintage mobile homes and come equipped with WIFI, composting toilets, couches made from recycled jeans and solar-powered coffee machines.
The NGO liked our final idea, so the next step is analyzing our final idea, as I’ve already mentioned it is using tiny houses as rental offices for anyone who may need them. This idea was originally invented by Dutch company Kantoor Karavaan (http://www.kantoorkaravaan.nl/ ) they offer fully equipped offices which are completely movable. Basically this organization gives you a great opportunity to work in nature, which is what we liked about the idea. They have 3 offices available which are rented 2-3 times each a week, therefore they have a constant income, that’s why we found our final idea suitable for our NGO.
We believe that building a tiny office wouldn’t cost as much as a tiny house itself, however to give the organization the kick-start we would advise them to ask the government for a grant for this project. They can use websites like https://www.sharedesk.net/ or https://www.airbnb.com/ to promote their offers.
The thing we decided to do is to make an advertisement for tiny house offices to make it more known and to tell possible customers about the great opportunity which they offer.
- NGO liked it – unique – reflect Tiny House movement + principles: Shorty liked the idea that the offices will reflect the principles of a Tiny House (freedom, connection with nature, simplicity) and the fact that this idea is unique and successful in Netherlands.
- How much land does it need? Costs?
- Grants:preferably from the Government: still an open opportunity: USDA Grand does not work, rather for poor communities
- + the other groups idea – how to build the Tiny Houses cheaper
- The connection between the solution and the people: purpose: The customer would be companies of any/people searching for unique working spaces/people that like nature/people that like tiny houses
- Advertise through the internetà show websites: http://sharedesk.net/, https://www.airbnb.com/
To sum up, we would like to say that the idea is unique, there are only a few companies that offer this possibility. Florida is famous for its nature that’s why we believe that there are a lot of customers who would prefer to combine working and staying in nature, therefore the organization will have a stable income.
- Final word(about the team and project)
Video production planning
Our video will be like a stop motion cartoon, explaining our idea about using tiny houses as rental offices. We use stop motion video because it is the easiest type of video to make and also it is the funniest animation technique. We will use Lego figures or just drawn pictures to show the action and recorded voice as an audio and also add some music/audio effects. Click on the link below to see an example.
Moreover, we described what do we think about success/failure and the impact of our advice:
- How can we measure success or failure of our advice?
We get to know whether it is success or failure though the reactions of our NGO because our purpose is to find a solution for a certain problem, that meets the needs of our NGO. They get to decide whether they like the idea or if it’s possible. First of all we need to go through a lot of failure finding different solution to find the perfect one that’ll meet our NGO’s needs.
We get feedback, whether our effort was a failure or not. But I would rather say that even failure is a success, at least for us, due to the fact that we learn from our failures and take the knowledge we gained to move on and find better solutions. The final success will be pleasing the NGO’s needs and finally making them financially sustainable.
- Where will be the most impact on our client?
The Impact on The NGO is preset because we have a certain problem to fix. We help them create financial sustainability for their community. Without financial sustainability there will be no community. So we have a huge impact and we need to be aware of that.
In conclusion, we think that we have shown great progress this week that we are very satisfied! Thank you for reading and don’t forget to write down your opinion in the “Leave a Reply” section.